Wednesday, November 11, 2009

day two

i spent today helping out a friend who is also a writer.  he wrote a screenplay and he is asking a lot of us to read it and help him out with it.  it's been really fun.  i take mad crazy amounts of notes when i read things, so he may be getting more than he thought when this is done!  but i'm doing my best to be fair to his style and story, but giving helpful advice where i see weakness.  i think that's the job of a good editor.  i looooove editing.  in college (and high school) a lot of my friends asked me to check their stuff.  still now, i have my sisters bringing me papers for me to help them with.  recently, it was so awesome, i had just finished reading "Pride and Prejudice" (Jane Austen classic) because i wanted to read the newer book "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" (Seth Grahame-Smith future classic) and compare.  after reading Austen's book i soooo wished i was still in college because i had the incredible urge to write a paper on it!  (nerd = me)  then not two nights later, my sister came over wanting help with a paper about the SAME book for her senior english class!  YAY!  i didn't write it for her (that would be very naughty) but i got to help with the thesis and structure and conclusion and all those fun things about paper writing!  it made me very happy.  and it made me realize that my grad school plan to become an english teacher (and hopefully one day, professor!) is a good good plan.

insight into my bookish life, lucky you!

later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment