Saturday, November 21, 2009

let's try something new....

funny that i haven't posted in a week, and the last one was about how inconsistent i am.  very nice, yes?  i could play it off as "i only update on saturdays"...

today i'm gonna post part of my story.  the one that has the most background work done on it but the least amount of actual writing.  novel one has the most writing done, but it's kind of leading me along where it wants to go.  novel two is more complicated and has more characters and more backstory and i pretty much have it mapped out where i've decided it should go.  just gotta write it down!  so i'm working on that today, and to get myself in the mood, i'm going to share with you the mysterious chapter one!  get pumped!

and a question- what do you do to get ready to write?  oddly, i have to start by writing something else really quick, like an email, or a blog post :)  that's if i'm going to type my story out.  if i'm writing it in my great big notebook of everything, i have to prep by writing a note to a friend or making a list of things i need to get done later.  i think it's cleansing.  i like the act of writing, using a keyboard or a pen.  nothing's more exciting or terrifying to me than blank paper.  so writing a bit is like stretching before a run for me.  it makes me anxious to get started.  when i'm writing, i forget other things, i don't notice time passing or if i'm hungry or that my cat is on my lap pawing at the pen or computer mouse.  if anything was distracting me, like the tv or work or anything, writing something small and quick will get all that out and get me ready to start my story.  that's what i have to do.  that's what this post is!  what do you do?

later days...

No comments:

Post a Comment